Sunday, March 22, 2009

Happiness Is...

Happiness is... a sweet husband who recognizes "Mommy Burnout" when he sees it and tells me "Why don't you go away for a few days and just have a break?"
(Maybe I was really ornery and he needed the break!)



Happiness is... good parents who let you crash at their house, unload your bags, watch your baby girl, fix your meals, and make apple strudel muffins for you for breakfast.
Emma & Grandma Jeanne

Emma & Pop Marlin




Happiness is... having dinner with friends you haven't seen in a long time.

Trisha Norman (Green shirt) made dinner for the rest of us, Heather Price, Malinda Twede (long blonde), Tresa Crabtree (grey hoodie), me at Cande Booker's (blue shirt) house.


Happiness is... sleeping in your childhood bedroom and sharing the daybed you worked so hard to buy, with your own baby girl. And feeling satisfaction in knowing, that all too soon, that bed will be hers.



Sleeping Beauty & Me

Happiness is... not having to get up at the crack of dawn on a school day to get my walk/run in before getting kids to school. The sun was actually shining!


Happiness is... get pampered with a scalp massage and much needed haircut while chatting with a good friend.


Happiness is... being able to see my niece Jenna perform in Layton High School's amazing production of "Showboat" without having to take anyone out for potty breaks except myself!(Thanks to Susie & girls for watching Emma!)

Me & Jenna in one of her fabulous costumes!


But TRUE Happiness is....



...Coming home to these guys!!!

(And the fabulous surprise bathroom remodel they did while I was gone!)

4 comments:

Rachel said...

Oh wow! What a fun break for you. You deserve it. I'm glad you were able to get away and have such support and family close by and a husband who loves you and spoils you. Happiness is: being happy your friend was just spoiled!!!

Chastina said...

What a great weekend!I'm glad your weekend was so fun. Happiness is: being happy that a friend is happy.

The Nixons said...

Awesome! I'm so glad that that you were able to take a break, and that you have a great family to help. You totally deserved it!

Ty n Casey's Mom said...

what a cute blog -- I loved it! I'm so glad you got some R&R.