Sunday, June 14, 2009

The Other Reason Why

Besides running, my other reason for not blogging is because I had a piano recital coming up and I was struggling to learn my piece. Since this was the last recital before my teacher, Nathan Giles, leaves on his mission to Toronto, Canada, he asked if there was a piece I wanted to learn. I love "Canon in D" by Jhoanne Pachelbel, so I said if we could find a easy enough version of it, that would definitely be my choice.



From the video of me playing my piece you can not tell that I had practiced at all!!! I only played half as well, as I had practiced. I am not a performer. My hands were shaking and I was extremely nervous. But I did make it through and recieved my 1 year completion certificate.




For now, this will be the extent of my piano education. My piano lesson budget has now been changed to a guitar lesson budget for Ashton. At least, we are still making some sort of music.


Sorry, I couldn't get the video to upload, but you really didn't want to see it anyway, believe me.

No comments: