Monday, November 3, 2008

A Baptism, A Blow Out, & A Birthday Boy

After trick-or-treating Friday night we headed north to stay at my parents house. We wanted to be there early Saturday morning for Richard to cut wood for his parents before we joined the rest of the family for our nephew, Bryson's Baptism.

Bryson & his dad, Steve.
After the baptism, we headed back to Bryson's house for treats. Since Richard is from a family of ten children who are all married and have atleast 1 child, is not uncommon for several family members to share a birthday. So Dallin shares his November 1st birthday with his cousin's Cassandra and Samantha. We sang "Happy Birthday" and had brownies and a Costco carrot cake (they are the best) to celebrate the birthdays and baptism.


Then we rushed home to host Dallin's birthday party. This year we let Dallin have a friend party, so he invited his neighborhood friends, Tyler, Casey, Kelby, Joe, Owen, Stephen and 2 school friends, Brandon and Clancy. We played sport themed games, ate pizza, opened presents, enjoyed more carrot cake (Dallin's favorite- that's my boy!) and icecream. I was a little nervous about having a party, but the boys were a really great and Dallin had a fabulous time.



Dallin with his 2nd cake of the day


The Birthday Bunch


Opening the loot! Thanks to everyone for such great gifts! And of course, a big Happy birthday to Dallin, we love you and are glad Heavenly Father sent you to be our boy!
Now about the blow out.... and I'm not talking the tire kind, I'm talking about diapers. We stopped quickly at Wal-Mart, so I could run in and grab some last minute items for the party on our way home. When I opened the van door to put my bags in, my nostrils were assaulted by a very wicked odor. It smelled like a outhouse! But with having boys this is really not abnormal. So I passed it off as a bunch of passed gas, that was until I glanced at Emma, and noticed that a good portion of her cream colored tights were now brown! We rushed home to bath her, get things cleaned up and the smell out of the house before the birthday guests arrived. The only reason I blog about this is that you have never dealt with a blow out until you've dealt with one in tights. I won't go into details, just trust me it is DISGUSTING!

6 comments:

Huffstuff said...

WOW, you had a busy day. You must enjoy going and going and going. I don't know how you do it with out getting a headache. I hear ya about the blow out in tights. NASTY. Your an awesome mom.

Rachel said...

Your boys cracked me up as they were running down the side walk saying, "Go Cougar's" Sat. night. If I'd have been feeling better I'd have joined them.

Chastina said...

Wow! I hate blow out's too.

What a busy day! Vin had fun at the party.

Alisa said...

I remember the blow-out days all too well. They always come at the least convenient time...@ church, @ the store, when you're just ready to go out the door, or when you have no diapers. Tights make it worse. Someday, I'll have to tell you about the blow-out I had on my mission in tights (not a pretty story).

Carrilyne said...

I think you have got this blogging thing down girl! So cute! And the blow out disater wow that sounds very messy!

Unknown said...

It’s good that you have shared the experience here. There might be a lot of people facing the same problem. Anyways, happy birthday to the little boy, he is very sweet and reminds me of my nephew. We even celebrated his birthday recently only in one of the beautiful venues in Los Angeles.