Thursday, January 29, 2009

Smurfette?

So this morning I was changing Dallin's sheets for the 3rd day in a row (for reasons we will not discuss, but I am sure you can guess) and this is so small task. His is the top bunk and his mattress is one of those cheap foam ones on the wood base, so it does not give or bend. Needless to say, I was not enjoying this task- again. So I was haphazardly throwing stuff off the bed so I could get the sheets off, including Dallin's box of "treasures". I put the sheets in the washer and headed back upstairs to find this.....
...Smurfette personified in Emma. She had blue ink everywhere. Face, hands, bib, shirt sleeves....

...even her tongue, teeth and gums were blue. And yes, I had just gotten her out of the tub and all dressed right before all this happened. So I tried washing it off, but it doesn't wash off so well. So if you see Emma in the next few days and she looks cyanotic, she doesn't have a respiratory problem we are just waiting for the ink to wear off.

Apparently, the culprit was this cute little stamp that Dallin had in his "treasure" box. Someone had given these out for Halloween instead of candy. I'm sure they thought they were being clever and creative, but given the choice I'll take the candy, Thank you. Wrappers are a lot easier to clean up! And even more yummy, I'm sure!

5 comments:

Huffstuff said...

Ah a mothers work is never done, just undone everyday. She looks like she had fun.

Chastina said...

Luckily she is as cute as ever! I'm glad you got some pics. I usually forget to take pics so I can laugh about it later.

Rachel said...

LOL. I'm sorry I'm laughing but this is once again......something that has either happened or close in this house hold.

For the record: I HATE changing sheets and making beds on the top bunk!

tamra said...

Bring on the warmth of the sun! Yesterday was just a tease!

Linda said...

Love the blue girl, she is to cute!