Thursday, July 8, 2010

Camping

 Today, I will be on my way here....

(Tony Grove 2009)
Richard is the official Youth Conference Director for our Youth Conference this year, so kind of by default, I gained the title of Assistant Youth Conference Director. It's what wives do. Especially the really good wives.

It's beautiful area though, isn't it?

There are tons of these....


And we will be doing a lot of this...

And at the end of Youth Conference, I will pick up my munchkins and go back to do it all again.
Awesome, eh?

But before you get too envious of my camping adventure you may want to watch the first three or so minutes of this video clip. Or know what? Just take a break and watch the entire thing. It brings a smile to my face and I garauntee if you have ever been camping, it will bring one to yours too.



Oh, and just so you know, I feel the same way about bacon.

So while I'm away at camp you can pray for me....

(Tony Grove 2009)

...or maybe for them.

BWAAHAAHAAHAA!!!


(That was an evil laugh..... Just in case you were wondering.)

9 comments:

Teachinfourth said...

Bacon…

Good luck on your expedition. Remember, you're a survivor!

Margaret said...

I'm almost jealous that my husband gets to spend three days with YOU and the rest of the youth out in the wilderness. But then I remember I'm 6 1/2 months pregnant and I'd have to sleep on the ground and I don't feel too sad. I hope you guys have fun. Funny video.

Rachel said...

Do me a favor! Smack my two boys upside the head every once in awhile to remind them of me. ;) I wouldn't want them to miss me while they're gone.

Richard & Natalie said...

TF, You said it all with that one word, brother.

I will survive because I actually really love camping. It's the I-can't-shower-and-I-feel-REALLY-disgusting part that I'm iffy with.

Marg, I'm so glad to see you here! I wish you could go too, but I SO understand the whole pregnant/camping thing. I hope Ben is feeling better and you guys can do something fun.

Rachel, You got it! I wanted to do some smackin' yesterday, but you know that there's that whole child abuse thing... Well, now I have permission? B & T better watch out! ;)

Gerb said...

Where is Tony's Grove? Never heard of it, but it looks beautiful! I love camping, too. Enjoy the bacon! Um... I mean, the camping!

Lyndee @ A Recovering Craft Hoarder said...

Camping with teenagers....and then with kids. You are an amazing person!

Chastina said...

My favorite way to have bacon is cooked in a dutch oven, which usually only happens when I'm camping. I hope you have a LOT of FUN!

Richard & Natalie said...

Gerb, Tony Grove is halfway up Logan Canyon and it is a great place to camp. Richard's family has been going there for years; it's now a yearly tradition.
And yes, I enjoyed the bacon on multiple mornings.

Lyndee, Thanks. It helps when you have amazing teenagers, kids, and family to camp with.

Chastina, I have never had bacon that way. It sounds delicious and I don't think you could ever go wrong with a dutch oven & bacon.

K said...

It's so beautiful. And I'm so impressed with the Parke saintliness - and I'm not KIDDING. Anybody who takes this on? Yeah, never doubt your testimony after this. Remember that you did it, Holy cats. The memories that you make for these kids last a lifetime - sweet and magical and odd. I love teenagers - always my favorite to teach. But add the logistics of camping and youth conference, and I instantly fall asleep with the stress.