Saturday, August 28, 2010

Run Away

Today I was supposed to run the 7 mile leg of a marathon length relay, but I didn't. Our team was short a member, which was just as well since I have a cough that has decided that my chest cavity is the ideal place to take up residence. If I would have ran this morning there is a good chance my lungs would have caught on fire and I would have been FORD (Found On Road Dead). This is not such a splendid outcome for a race. So instead, I sent all my good running vibes to my friend, Rachel, who is doing her part in a triathlon today, packed up my laptop, and hit the road with my new fave song blaring. Almost 3 hours later I arrived at my destination...


My sister-in-law Linda has connections with someone that has connections to a hotel in Cedar City, so about once a year we ditch our families and we take over the hotel conference room with electronics and snacks and we scrapbook (or in my case, blog) to our little hearts' content.

Connections are a great thing.

But don't worry about my munchkins, I've left them in the capable hands of leftover Panda Express, Little Caesar, and of course, their favorite person in the whole world, daddy. I'm positive they'll survive to make a mess of the house and run him ragged until I get home tomorrow afternoon. Until then I have three goals for the next 24 hours-
1. To catch up my blog on things that I missed over the summer,
2. To catch up with my girlfriend, LaRae, over dinner,
3. And to not gain 5 pounds in the process.

7 comments:

Corine Moore said...

Congratulations! :D - I absolutely love blogging, I mean, scrapbooking, retreats! :O I have never blogged at a scrapbook retreat; great idea girl! ;D I may just have to do that one of these days.

Have Fun!

Lyndee @ A Recovering Craft Hoarder said...

Natalie, that sounds like SO MUCH FUN! I've got to be honest; I'm a little bit jealous. I will try to take a high road and just be happy for you.

Anonymous said...

Hope your weekend is a great one! Also, the new layout is nice...

Chastina said...

How fun to get away! It's nice to have some recharge time.

K said...

But are you allowed to set mutually exclusive goals? I mean catching up without gaining? How real is that, huh? My sister-in-law does this too, once a year. It sounds like fun, and I hope you blog your little eyes right out. Just be careful, coming home in this weather. We lost huge limbs (from the trees, not from us) last night, and it's going to be bad today, too. I wonder if the kids would ask me over for dinner - I do left over Panda really, really well.

Rachel said...

WHAT??? Not gain five pounds in the process?

Didn't you learn ANYTHING in that eat pray love movie??? :D

Anonymous said...

Hope your trip home was safe and that you are surviving the cool rain you have had. Thanks again for the visit!
LaRae