Wednesday, June 30, 2010

'Eclipsing' my Opinion

On Facebook the entire buzz right now is about 'Eclipse'. The first showings have ended and everyone is jumping on to give their report.

No, this is not why I am still awake.

But I do have a ticket to a showing of 'Eclipse' for Thursday night with the girls.

So, I figure since I am awake and since sleep seems to be eluding me tonight, I will share my recent discovery with you. (You may not want to thank me just yet.)

I read the "Twilight" series. I admit-- I enjoyed them. Not the whole love story part necessarily, because who is stupid enough to fall in love with a vampire, right? Or I guess a werewolf for that matter. I enjoyed the action and creativity of the story. Then came the movies. The first was pitiful. The second, injected with more money and maybe some steroids, showed how millions and muscles can improve a movie. Although, I still don't picture Rob Pattinson as Edward, and I wish potty mouth (read the latest EW and you'll see what I'm talking about) Kristen Stewart, as Bella, could learn to act like she actually loved that vampire boyfriend of hers, the one ingredient they had right was Taylor Lautner, as Jacob.

That was until the other day.

I had never seen Taylor in anything else besides the 'Twilight' movies, but I did hear he starred in a movie called "Shark Boy and Lava Girl" a few years ago. I had never seen this movie and actually I still haven't, but it was on the Disney Channel the other day and I just caught this scene-


Who wouldn't have nightmares after watching young Taylor, a.k.a Sharkboy, dance around in his fake six pack shark costume crooning that song?

The one good ingredient for me has been tainted and I don't know if I can ever look at him and his real six pack seriously again. Jacob has been ruined for me forever....or at least, until Thursday night.

9 comments:

Chastina said...

He's definitely improved his acting since "Shark Boy and Lava Girl". I still laugh at the movies. I wouldn't have pick that actress for Bella or that actor for Edward, but that is just my opinion.

Lyndee @ A Recovering Craft Hoarder said...

Ha! That clip is great. I'll be singing that song Thursday. So funny.

Rachel said...

That. was. terrifying!

K said...

Okay - you have to hear this in a sort of ghostly, scary voice:

st-aaaaayyyy hooooooommmmmme.

st----ayyyyyyyyyyy HOOOOOOOOME =

Teachinfourth said...

Neverending Story on acid?

Yes, says I.

Richard & Natalie said...

Chastina, I have to tell you that I like your opinions.

Lyndee, I'll be in the corner, curled up in fetal position, rocking myself with glazed over eyes.

Rachel, I KNOW! It was like watching a car accident-- complete horror, but I couldn't make myself look away.


K, How did you know? I love spooky voices.
I have to go! Because going to those movies and hearing the gasps and the Ooo's and Ahhh's is extremely entertaining. Plus, I hear there's Harry Potter trailer in the previews....

TF, Are you making a confession here? :)

Weren't they already on acid when they made that movie?

Corine Moore said...

OK - I'll admit this and be the odd ball... I thought he was a cute kid with good acting! So there! :D

Kathy V said...

Agree. Rob is wrong as Edward. However, in Eclipse his portrayal of Edward is improved.

I've been okay with K as Bella, but I think she also lacks some spark in the character. It's like the two of them are depressed.

Taylor is doing a really good job as Jacob. If I hadn't read the books, I would be on Team Jacob. But I did read the books, so I have to be on Team Edward.

I think I'll pass on the Shark boy clip. Thanks anyway

Unknown said...

Hahahahahahaha. I'd forgotten that--it's been a looong time. I have to say, I was a little disappointed in Eclipse. Shark Boy does still look pretty good (fugettabout Edward) but all the steroids have done is improved him muscles--his voice remains firmly behind in boyhood. He's ridiculous to listen to. I just wanted to snort when he was all quivery with injured passion and telling Bella that she'd beg for him to kiss her again. O-Key dokey. Maybe when you're a grown up.

And Kristin has this thing--haven't put my finger on it yet... that reminds me of how Drew Barrymore had her thing that used to irritate me. I'll let you know when I figure it out. ;)