Sunday, November 7, 2010

Trusty

In our house we have a rule- no eating outside of the kitchen. Out of all of our rules this is the one that is broken the very most...so much that sometimes I wonder why we even have it, but we do. And as with most rules there are exceptions, like when we have movie party or if you are given special permission.  But even special permission privileges can be revoked if your dishes don't make it back to the kitchen. Which they almost never do.

So after a long string of suspending privileges I was skeptical when Dallin asked for special permission to take a piece of his birthday pumpkin pie upstairs to watch Ben reach a new level on some video game. I reminded him of the rules and as I handed him the pie I added this little phrase for good measure, "Now I'm trusting you."

He looked at me and said, "Don't worry, Mom. I'm trust-a-ful."

And it's a good thing that he's so trust-a-ful because he was baptized and confirmed a member of the Church yesterday by his dad.


Congratulations Dallin! Mom and Dad love you and are so proud that you are such a trust-a-ful guy.
We wouldn't want you any other way.

Ready to go in the jumpsuit also worn by his dad, older brother Ashton, and now him.

10 comments:

The Nixons said...

what a cutie! Congratulations Dallin!

Lyndee @ A Recovering Craft Hoarder said...

Oh, he looks so perfect! So, did he bring the dishes back down?

K said...

what a handsome pair of white clad guys! I, too, wanna be trust-a-ful.

Chastina said...

Congrats Dallin! What a great experience. Glad to hear he is "trustaful".

Rachel said...

Thought of you all yesterday! Hoped that the day was perfect. Dallin was SO CUTE walking up to get his Book of Mormon. He looked so, trust-a-ful! Just how I want to look.

Carrilyne said...

I love it!! the jumpsuit is awesome, I love that it's the same one richard wore!! I can see the 70's flare to it with the neck line and the legs!

Unknown said...

Congrats, Dallin!

So...did he bring the plate back?

Anonymous said...

Rock on, Dallin! Way to be trust-ty-ful…I hope that the day was an awesome one!

Richard & Natalie said...

Thanks for all the congrats guys.

Now....to answer all of your inquiries of whether Mr. Trust-a-ful's dish made it back to the kitchen? It most certainly did! He's the best at keeping the rule. I won't divulge who has been really having trouble keeping it lately...I like having good wife status. ;)

Tami Anderson said...

Awwwwe. This makes me smile. I love that guy!