Saturday, January 8, 2011

What do you do...

...when your husband is out of town on your birthday?

Well, first of all, you get beautiful flowers and a balloon delivered to let you know how sorry he is he can't be there.

Next, your awesome neighbor and girlfriend, Carrilyne, invites you over for lunch where you eat yummy finger foods and scrumptious mint chocolate chip cupcakes.

You also get packages in the mail that contain baggies of white powder...

...from your mother, who by the way is NOT a drug dealer, it just contains citric acid which happens to be expensive and the secret ingredient in your favorite Almond Punch recipe that you've been craving.

Many of your close friends and some not-so-close friends, take time out of their day to post that 13 letter well wish on your Facebook wall. You also receive e-mails from your insurance agent, the Coca-Cola Company (this should be a hint that you drink too much of their product), My Coke Rewards (another hint), Swag Bucks, and even a phone call from your life insurance agent who all wish you a Happy Birthday! 
 I'm sure they all genuinely mean it too.

You use the $20 your NOT-a-drug-dealer mom (even though she sends baggies of white powder that is costly and has to be purchased from a pharmacy)  sent you to get take out from Panda Express so you don't have to make dinner.


Following picking up take out, you go with all of your munchkins to The Sweet Tooth Fairy Bakery where you each choose your favorite flavor of cupcake to prevent you from making your own birthday cake.

And last of all, because of all of this, you have a pretty FANTASTIC birthday!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope your birthday was a good one!

Rachel said...

I agree with us all going to dinner for your birthday still..... it IS time for Richard to chaperone. ;)

Rachel said...

P.S. The flowers are very pretty and that was pretty sweet of Richard to send you those. I know if he could, he'd have been there and spoiled you rotten.

K said...

I really need to get on Facebook more. I miss everything. Happy Birthday to the beautiful Natalie. (coming from the scruffy, disorganized mess of a K.)

I have a question here: if he had been home, could your birthday have been any better??? Because that was a pretty cool birthday. Cooler than most of the ones I have had, even with the husband here. In fact, G would enlist my eight year old oldest as my birthday planner, which would have been great, if she'd had resources. Love yes. Resources, no.

I just wish I'd been part of the stream of greetings, darn it.

Gerb said...

You forgot to mention that on YOUR birthday you buy a cupcake for your bed-bound friend An D (trying to be like the flower shop who printed your card) stop in for a quick visit. Can you get any cooler? I submit that you can not. Thanks for making MY day awesome on YOUR birthday!

p.s. Come late February we still need to go for that birthday lunch...

Richard & Natalie said...

Anony, It was great. Thanks for the part you played.

Rachel, I will inform him of his duties.

Rachel (part deux), He has been spoiling me rotten since he arrived home. Couldn't you smell the rotten smell permeating the space around me today? Peeee-U! :)

K, Oh the Facebook dilema! Often I find I waste a lot of time on it, but then if I'm not on it, I miss knowing important things too. And when I say, "Hey, wait a minute! I didn't know that." They say, "Well, I put it on Facebook." UGH!
I absolve you of any guilt because I know and understand. Plus, your wishes were made known here which is a lot more personal than Facebook anyday.

Gerb, Isn't that card a riot? Richard was disgusted with them.
And come the end of February we will be having a celebratory lunch of having you back on your foot/feet and the arrival of the beautiful boy of yours.

Chastina said...

What a great way to celebrate! I'm sad I wasn't there to help you celebrate, but looking forward to lunch on Saturday.

Lyndee @ A Recovering Craft Hoarder said...

You can tell I don't get on facebook often. Happy belated wonderful, amazingly awesome, superb birthday! Cupcakes....mmmmm....I'm craving a super cupcake. Sounds like it was a wonderful day.