Friday, March 25, 2011

To Whom It May Concern,

So......

You may have noticed that I haven't blogged in over a month. It's not because there hasn't been plenty to blog about because there has been. The little narrator in my head has still been blabbing away, but none of that rambling has made it here in print. I'm not blogging now to make excuses, just to give more of an explanation, of sorts.

My explanation is this: Frankly, My Dear, I......just didn't want to. Plain and simple.

When you combine the winter blahs that make me question if this is the year I visit the doctor and confess that I'm not even close perfect and need a little something something to help me deal with that fact and 3 separate and fantastically stubborn head and chest colds from the end of January to the first of March, I didn't want to do anything. Anything except perhaps diving into a vat of creamed butter and sugar and never coming up for air.

But the cold is starting to dissipate. The sun's appearances are becoming steadier. My running is more on schedule and a course of antibiotics has kicked those sinusitis germs to the curb. And best of all, I am finally starting to feel like doing anything again. So bring it!

7 comments:

K said...

And yet, you've been doing so much. I seem to see you everywhere, working with the kids, doing things at church. So you have carried on very bravely. I am hoping that the sun brings good things and not flood waters. I am hoping that this world-ship rights itself and we get to be normal again for a while. That'd be nice, huh?

Anonymous said...

Diving into a vat of creamed butter and sugar sounds nice right about now...

I am glad to hear that the clouds are parting and the sunlight is starting to shine down.

Looking forward to reading over your adventures yet again.

Chastina said...

Sorry that the winter blah's were getting to you! I'm wanting more sun to help get them out of my house too.

Richard & Natalie said...

K, Isn't that what we moms do? You have to just keep on keeping on whether you feel like it or not, right?
I'll be keeping an eye on your backyard and that raging rising river and praying for the best.

Anony, I'd share my creamed sugar and butter with you any day.

Chastina, Maybe it is because I've been missing you...

mistyc0x said...

u maka me smile! well. the vat thing. i have actually done that. it isnt pretty. i dont envy the winter/spring thing. but the flowers? and green. i miss that.

keep running. u will run smack into sunshine and happiness before u know it!!!

Rob and Marseille said...

be sure and take some yogurt w/live and active cultures (yoplait) w/that antibiotics...I'm speaking from experience...
I went running today and it felt great! I haven't been in so long. Yay for spring!

Anonymous said...

sorry to hear you've had the winter blues and hope you continue to feel better! Miss you!
LaRae