Thursday, June 16, 2011

A Few More...

Just a couple of Kid-isms that recently happened and one that I forgot in the last batch.


Ben- "I wish I had really long, puffy hair."
Me- Why in the world would you want really long, puffy hair?"
Ben- "Cause then I'd have a built in pillow."


Ben trying out what really long, puffy hair would be like with Richard's travel pillow.


A conversation with Dallin after he listened to me tell a neighbor about a time Ashton got lost and I thought he'd been kidnapped.
Dallin- "I remember when that happened. I must have been really little, but I still remember it."
Me- "Sorry, dude, you weren't born yet. You were still in my tummy."
Dallin- "Well, then I must have been watching through your belly button 'cause I remember it!"



A bit of info you need to know about this next one- I am not a fan of the really tight T-shirt trend. They are all well and fine if you have the figure to wear them, which about 90% of the population do not- including myself. I don't really want to look at my own rolls and bulges and figure that more than likely, no one else does either. So the majority of my shirts are loose and probably unfashionable, but I don't care. The other day I pulled out my flag T-shirt to try on; it's one of the clingier shirts I own, but I was feeling pretty bulge free and thought it was loose enough to get away with .

I thought wrong.... according to Emma.

Emma- (While patting my tummy) "You look like you're going to have a baby!"
Me- "Are you saying I'm fat?"
Emma- "Yep, really, REALLY fat!

I guess I need some more core work and a new flag shirt.

Or perhaps just a new daughter.

 Just kidding...kind of. ;)

7 comments:

Huffstuff said...

ya I know what am I doing on the computer when I should be doing something else, like pack.

I love your kids and the things they say. Don't believe everything they tell you though, Emma, she loves you. AND YOU LOOK GREAT!!!!
.

Rachel said...

Hee Hee! Looking through your belly button. That kid cracks me up!

I'll take Emma for you!! Henny Penny would love a little sister. ;)

Chastina said...

Oh dear! What silly kids. Just the other day Na informed our neighbor that I am pregnant, which is news to me. I guess she wants a baby around.

Anonymous said...

I bet there are some teachers who are excited to get these kids in their classes in the near future...

K said...

Ffff - real women have pouches. They do. Even at three years old they do. It's the fake women who don't have them: surgery and living on Slim Fast and cigarettes. I think women should be proud of themselves, and the pouch of a mother tells a story of bravery, stout heart, self sacrifice and putting up with cute children who don't know what they're talking about. Nobody around here is that funny anymore - enjoy them while they're fresh.

Carrilyne said...

LOVE IT!!!! Your kids crack me up! Thanks for the "look in you car advice" the other day! ;)

PMC said...

just the laugh i needed today! wonderful wonderful. little emma...oh dear.

i agree with k. real women with real bodies. and you are so beautiful!