Saturday, November 5, 2011

Kid-isms

*The pictures in this post are courtesy of my old laptop and my very first digital camera- which by the way, leaves a lot to be desired, since my good laptop and all recent pictures that have been captured are in the shop. Again.*


Dallin Said...

"I don't like this closet...it's weird. It stares at me."

The Sunday morning before the Primary Program Presentation- "I have my faith filled boxers on, so I'm going to be just fine."

"I don't think it's cold enough to get ammonia yet..."

"My bladder's gettin' ANGRY!"
Boxer Boy?

"Mom, you know what? Cleats are like high heels."

"If Orcs come to the U.S. I'm gonna join the Army with my cross bow and take those suckas out!"

"Mom, we should get an emergency kit in the car."
"That's a good idea, Dallin."
"Yeah, we should put things in it we might need like bottled water, food, deodorant, blankets, flashlights...."
Look at those brown eyed boys loving their new sister who would end up with their same beautiful color of eyes.

Dallin's comment after the large mirror that hung in our living room was broken recently and taken down- "Mom, I miss that mirror because now I can't just sit and look at myself..."

Ben-isms


To Richard while he's handing out foreign money to the kids for their collections after returning from a business trip to the Philippines, with stops in Tokyo & Hong Kong- "Come on! That's only ten cents in Japateens."

"You know what kind of meat is my favorite? That kind of chewy, Chinese meat, that almost chokes me. It is soooo good."
What real happy nappers look like.

"Dad, do you get money for your job?"
"Well, yeah."
"Oh. I thought you just got hotel points."

Ben appears in the kitchen dressed in nothing else but his underwear. With his chest puffed out and his hands planted firmly on each hip he declares- "I'm underwear boy and I feel POWERFUL!"
Ben- "Let me be the baby."

Ben turns to me after about 10 minutes of nice Saturday morning cuddling and says, "I love to cuddle with you, Mom. Especially since you don't seem to mind I keep farting on you."

And one for all of the Parke family who read my blog-
"Dallin's going to be on the weird side of the family....like Uncle Jim."

A joint effort by Dallin & Ben at writing lyrics for a song-
When you're sitting on the john 
and all the paper's gone,
be a man......use your hand. 


Perfection at rest. 


And last of all, how do you know when you use coupons maybe a little too much? When you are driving home from a shopping trip at Wal-Mart where you bought some Halloween decor along with your normal groceries and your 4 year old asks, \
"Mom, did you have a coupon for that Halloween stuff?"
"No."
"Then why did we buy it?!"

7 comments:

K said...

Oh my gosh. This was hilarious. I wonder if I wrote down as much stuff as you do- I'll have to go back and read the kids' journals. I did keep them back then. I think I am a little afraid of those boys. Faith filled boxers that make him feel powerful. Yes. Okay. I'm going away now.

Tami Anderson said...

Now, those were really funny. I can picture both of them saying each thing. And, the farting comment by Ben is so cute...do you mind??? Because I don't mind when he does it at school! :)

Anonymous said...

Boy, your family is FULL of character, isn't it?

This had me smiling...

Parke Family said...

So funny. Cute kids. I laughed out loud at the comment about Uncle Jim. Miss you guys.

Anonymous said...

Natalie these are hilarious! I wish I could remember all the funny things my kids come up with!
LaRae

Rachel said...

Busted a gut with this one. I read them to Brian. I think Dallin has solved my problem. I need to change my undies to boxers. ;)

And the whole cuddling thing and farting........ uh huh!

Chastina said...

How funny! I love that you are writing them down.