Sunday, December 14, 2008

Ben's First Haircut

I know many of you are saying "Ben's first haircut?" "Surely, Ben has had a haircut before now?" To you, I just say, just keep reading.


Many of you know that a week before Thanksgiving I had a substantial portion of my hair cut off. Substantial means I went from a long ponytail, to not being able to pull it into a ponytail at all. Here is the story behind that decision.


We went to Ogden to attend the wedding of our nephew Brett, who was marrying a lovely girl named Monica in the Bountiful Temple on Friday, November 21st. Thursday night, the wedding dinner was to be held at the Maddox in Brigham City.


I was a mess trying to get ready, feed the kids, and I was still a little upset that Richard wasn't going to make it home from his business trip to go with me to the dinner. I was hurriedly touching up my makeup and doing my hair. Ben was in the bathroom watching me and wanting to help do my hair, telling me he was going make me so beautiful, when the phone rang. It was Richard. He was informing me that he wasn't going to make it to the wedding ceremony on Friday either. I was not happy. So as I was trying to figure out why he wasn't making it back in time, I had leaned over to put on my socks and shoes. Ben was still playing with my hair telling me how BEAUTIFUL I was going to be. As I stood up and turned back to the vanity, this is what I saw.....

Yes, that is a lock of my hair. So when I say, Ben's first haircut, I mean on someone else! Apparently, making me beautiful required a six inch lock from the underside of my hair being snipped off. He had grabbed my moms scissors of the vanity and while I was distracted, chopped it off. I freaked. He cried. Luckily, the shortened lock still pulled up into my pony for the wedding dinner. And let's just say, that Ben helped to to make the decision of whether I should cut my hair short or not a little bit easier.

4 comments:

Chastina said...

I didn't realize that is why you decided to cut your hair. I remember you talked about it a few times.

I love your haircut! Ben did a great job. ;D

Rachel said...

Oh my gosh! Natalie! I wanna see your hair. I bet you look beautiful. You always do.

I am so sorry but I am cracking up! Only because it didn't happen to me which is SHOCKING......well......I'm knocking on wood real fast because it hasn't happened YET!

The Nixons said...

OH my goodness!!! I would die... Well your hair cut is adorable!

PMC said...

Does Ben take appointments, or is he OK with walk-ins????