Monday, December 7, 2009

Benism- Closet Time

Today Mr. Ben decided to eat his breakfast in the pantry.


I was busy doing other things around the kitchen and wasn't paying much attention to his destination picnic, until he asked me to move his breakfast companion, a little, white, rabbit stuffy, down from the higher cereal shelf where he left it after retrieving the Lucky Charms box. I handed the rabbit to him, he moved his cereal bowl into place, and gave the stuffy a squeeze saying, "Okay, say my prayer for me." where upon the stuffy repeated some recorded apostate prayer over Ben's breakfast.

It made me wonder about the scripture found in Alma 33:7- "And when I did turn unto my closet, O Lord, and prayed unto thee, thou didst hear me."

I wonder if He still hears and answers the recorded prayers of stuffys in behalf of lazy 5 year old boys?

4 comments:

PMC said...

LOL, absolutely!!!! ben!

Denae said...

LOL So funny!

Rachel said...

Probably better than our "wake us up when she gets to blessing the grass and the trees" prayers......

Jadon still refuses to pray the punk. He will if we help him but boy does that boy play the baby.

Soooo cute. I just love that lil' Ben. What a character.

Chastina said...

At least he remembered to have a prayer said. My kids just stuff their faces as quick as they can, skipping the prayer unless reminded.