Monday, November 30, 2009

A Thanksgiving Leftover

On the way home from our Thanksgiving weekend Ben treated us to this little serenade. No matter how many times we heard it, how out of tune it may have been, or if the words weren't exactly right, it still brought a smile to my face and reminded me that even after a less than stellar holiday, I am a blessed woman with much to be grateful for.

So tonight before the giving thanks of November ends and we head into the excitement that only the Christmas season can instill, I reflect on the performance of a sweet boy's favorite song and I give thanks.

I give thanks for a little spirit that is drawn to the truth of a particular song that teaches him who he truly is and why he is here.

And the part where he still thinks his parents are "kind and dear" is something to be grateful for too.

6 comments:

Gerb said...

Interesting. My kids always sing 'parents kind of weird'. It's 'kind and dear'? ;)

Very cute little boy with a sweet little voice. You have much to be grateful for.

Rachel said...

Oh Natalie that is precious! And you'll always be kind and dear......they just won't think it....... :D

Jeanne said...

Oh, how I love my grandkids! Thank you for capturing that moment! You might need it when he turns 16!

Guest said...

Okay, now that was great!

Richard & Natalie said...

Gerb- That's how I thought it went too until they stuck me in Primary, then I learned otherwise. Who would've guessed.
Yes, I do.

Rachel- I know. They'll eventually figure it out once I'm long gone.

Mom- They love you too. I had to post this esp. for your and G-pa Parke's benefit (if he can get his e-mail in the hopital? I'll have to find out).

Guest- I thought so too, but I'm just a little bit predjudice.

Chastina said...

What a great singer! I love listening to kids sing. He did a great job.