Sunday, November 2, 2008

Halloween 2008

Halloween this year started out with me walking a small army of Star Wars Clone Troopers down the street to school. Then realizing I forgot my camera I rushed home to grab it. Then it was back to the school for the Kindergarten Costume parade. It was fun to watch Dallin, dressed as one of the Clone Troopers, march around the halls of his school.

Next on the schedule, it was time to get Ben ready for his Pre-school Halloween party. Ben decided to be a dinosaur this year, which worked out great because the costume he wore 2 years ago still fit! Love it when that happens! The head to Ben's costume has been floating around the house all month, but don't ya know it, when we really need it, it is NOWHERE to be found! I'm sure it will show up as soon as I get all the Halloween stuff packed away. He surprisingly enough, was okay going to the party without his head (to his costume that is).


Clone troopers taking over our headless dinosaur, Ben.
Since Dallin's birthday is on Nov. 1st, Saturday this year, his teacher said we could bring his birthday treat for their Halloween Party. His treat of choice is of course Krispy Creme doughnuts. So off to the doughnut store we went. Then back to the school to drop off the doughnuts and party with Dallin's class.

Birthday Boy.
Next, item pick up Ben and grab some subway sandwiches for a quick lunch (Halloween tradition, see Halloween Memories for the why), before it was back to the school again. This time, to see Ashton, as the other clone trooper, and the rest of the school show off their costumes of choice in another Parade.

Ashton as Commander Cody.
Emma enjoyed her 1st real Halloween dressing up as a beautiful witch. It was so fun to watch her as she got so excited and would run to the door when trick or treaters started ringing the doorbell. That excitement turned to tears when she realized we were giving the candy away! She takes after her mom in the sweet tooth category.

How Emma trick or treated.
Our trick or treating trip was short and sweet, as by the time we had gone up and down the street and around our little circle they were all asking if they could go home now! Who are you and what have you done with my children!?!?! It worked out great since we were planning on leaving to go north to Grandma Jeanne's & Pop Marlin's house when we were done and I had packing to do. All in all, we had a spooktacular Halloween!

My Little Ghouls!


Ashton's pumpkin



Dallin's pumpkin ( a "Y" for BYU of course)


Ben's 30 lb pumpkin (under the security sign)

Emma's pumpkin (smiling)

4 comments:

Rachel said...

Levi loves Krispy Kreme's as well so that is always what we bring for his treat.

My you had a busy day! You're such a good mom you know that? I hope you do.

Chastina said...

What a fun busy day!

Huffstuff said...

Sounds like a crazy, but very fun Halloween. Hope Dallin had a great birthday, his card is in the mail today. I felt kinda sad that my boys are growing up and esp that Landon thinks he is as big as Hayden and did not want to go trick or treating this year.

Alisa said...

We stopped by your house to go trick-or-treating, but Benny boy was outside handing out treats. I asked him if you were home and he just looked at me. I told him I knew his mom and that her name was Natalie (so that he didn't think I was a stranger). It didn't work. He just looked at me, as if bidding me farewell. So, here's a "HELLO" to you via your blog. We'll catch you another time.