Friday, October 16, 2009

Poky Vacation

Last weekend we were invited to enjoy a mini vacation in Pocatello, Idaho. You may not think that Pocatello sounds like a premiere vacation spot, but that is only because you don't know the awesome family we have living there.

My beautiful niece Aubrie had turned 8 and her baptism was scheduled for Saturday. Her parents, wanting all of their families on both sides to be there, had sent everyone a prior invitation to come and enjoy the weekend and celebrate with Aubrie. Knowing that we all couldn't stay at their house, they in all their generosity put everyone up in the Marriot Suites.
Our particular suite had a kitchen, complete with dishwasher, two bedrooms, and three TVs.
My kids thought they had died and gone to heaven.

Ashton enjoying 1 king bed.

Dalllin enjoying the other.

Benjamin loved the fold out couch.

Daddy & Emma snuggled in the chair.

Here's a rundown on the rest of the festivities...

There was golfing to start it off. Sorry, there are no golfing pics because we didn't get there in time. But honestly, we really suck at golf, so it was just as well.
There was lots of visiting.


A lot of eating.

We attended the baptism.

We celebrated birthdays & Aubrie's baptism.



We watched Landon (our nephew & #23) play the position of quarterback in his football game.

Pop Marlin snoozed.

We went swimming.






There was plenty of horsing around and goofing off.

We went to the movie.

(It was a cute show based on one of my favorite books as a child by the same name.)

But most of all we did what families like to do best......just be TOGETHER!

Dan, Natalie, & Nathan. (Andrew not pictured. We hope he and Vicki can make it next time.)

Many thanks again to Dan and Shaleece, for such a fabulous weekend and great get away!

4 comments:

Chastina said...

What a fun weekend! It looks like your kids took full advantage of the big beds and pool.

Huffstuff said...

THANK YOU! great pictures. I will have to snag some since I was too busy I guess to grab my camera. It was great and tons of fun. Glad you all came. Lets not make it 4 years to do it again.

Rachel said...

That sounds like such a fun weekend. I am seriously wanting some fun time after I get better. Spending fall break in bed.......rates up there pretty much with stepping on dog doo doo and having it squish between your toes.....trust me......I've experienced both!

Richard & Natalie said...

Chastina- Oh, you know they did. I was starting to wonder where I was going to sleep!

Sheece- I have a ton of pictures, esp. of us swimming. Mom had the camera and went crazy. I'll see if there are any you would want and send them.

Rachel- I could hook you up with my family in Poky. My bro. is even a dr. so he could get rid of your tail and snout. JK! Sorry, you had such a rotten vacation.