Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Fun Run

Last Friday Ashton and Dallin participated in their school's Fun Run.


I planned to run it with them since I figured I could this year without feeling like I was going to hock up a lung or keel over and die. But run, I did not.  Wednesday evening I had a nasty tension headache that through the night turned into a horrible migraine that lasted until Thursday afternoon. So Friday morning, I was drained, stiff & sore, a little hazy, and just watching those kids run made my head hurt.


So Ben, Emma and I stood on the sidelines and cheered on our boys and friends.


We also enjoyed experiencing the excitement of the awards assembly. It was really great to see the kids clap, cheer, and be legitimately happy for those who won.


Although, Ashton decided that after running a mile, sitting in the awards assembly- where he was spat on by a special needs child and was awarded nothing, the part that made the whole run "fun"- were the tongue color changing popsicles. I didn't have a Popsicle, but not being a fan of getting spat on; I tend to agree. Blue and green tongues are pretty cool.

4 comments:

Rachel said...

Aaaarrrrrgh! It wasn't Levi was it????? I saw one of the teachers take him out for a minute. Oh please tell me it wasn't Levi. Go ahead. Lie. It will make me feel better.

Huffstuff said...

Love it. I think our school is doing a fun run this year. Spring time I think. Good for the kids and school. Reminded me too that I donated money, it's in the mail. Love the colorful tonges

Denae said...

The fun run was indeed fun, mostly becuase I didn't run. But I watched those kids running for a combined effort and felt the lump in my throat grow and tears welling up in my eyes.

I'm a dork.. I know..

Olivia McCord said...

Some fun to have boys. Love the tongues!