Thursday, January 14, 2010

Santa's Helpers

I know that we are half way through January, but I have tried to send this video of my mother's reaction to her Christmas present to my sister-in-law numerous times and no matter how I try to send it, it will not go. So I am posting it here. Thanks for the indulgence.



As a young girl, when my mom would venture out of the house on various mom duties she would often be visited by "The Good Fairy". The Good Fairy performed all sorts of magical tasks that in our home where my 3 older brothers lived usually centered around organizing and cleaning. You never knew when she would strike; my mother would leave on a grocery shopping trip and return to find that something had been straightened, organized, or just put in a better state than she left it. My mother loved it when The Good Fairy visited.

Well, The Good Fairy has grown up, but she still on occasion, likes to make surprise visits to my parent's home. Growing up also means that she now has connections and accomplices, even ones that live all the way in Idaho. Having connections and accomplices also means that The Good Fairy's magic is greatly enhanced and even more complicated tasks can be accomplished.

Dallin, one of The Good fairy's best accomplices & Santa's helper.

Well, it has been a while since The Good Fairy made an appearance at my parent's home, so it was a big surprise to my mom and dad when she and some of Santa's helpers made a stop one weekend in December, working their magic and leaving them a Christmas gift that would leave them "floored".

The finished product


(I am sorry it is sideways, I didn't want to drop $30 bucks on new software to edit it right now, so if you get a kink in your neck from watching it, send me an IOU for a neck rub.)


The Good Fairy wishes to thank her accomplices in Pocatello who pulled off getting my parents out of the house for the weekend- even with a snowstorm looming- which is a major feat considering my father and his hatred of driving in the snow. Those "magical charms" known as grandchildren work wonders.You guys are the best; we couldn't have done it without you!

A disclaimer to the Parke Family in Denver- The Good Fairy's male accomplices did not, will not, and have not EVER worn tights in the accomplishing of their good deeds.

8 comments:

The Alleman Family said...

That is such a great gift! The fairy is welcome to come to my house any day!

Gerb said...

What an awesome idea! That is a gift that will long be remembered. You inspire me, Natalie!

Rachel said...

What a fun thing Natalie! What a fun gift and surprise! I love this secret fairy idea.

Chastina said...

Love it! What a great surprise!

Unknown said...

Hee Hee. I love it. Do your parents still live in the house you grew up in?

Richard & Natalie said...

Heather, Thanks & I'll let her know. ;)

Gerb, Since my mother had her previous floor for 20-some-odd years I figure it'll be remembered for at least that long.

Rachel, It was a lot of fun to do and the surprise factor was just a huge bonus! I love surprises.

Chastina, I will let The Good Fairy know you approve.

SG or Jen, Yep, that is the same old house on "Killer Corner". The state keeps teasing them that they are going to buy them out so they can widen the road- again, but the funding never comes through. This has gone on for years. They just keep taking little bits of the yard, but before you know it the road is going to go over the front porch! My parents hate to put $ into reno's if it's is going to be bulldozed, so that is why we did the peel & stick tiles; inexpensive, but high impact!
Miss you!

Corine Moore said...

Wow! That is one heck of a gift! Very cool! :)

Richard & Natalie said...

Corine, It's nice to have you back. Thanks, it was really fun to do.