Tuesday, September 1, 2009

School Days

School Days. School Days. School days are here again!
My older brother's, Dan and Nathan, used to sing this song to us when they had graduated and Andrew and I still had to go to school. We HATED it! They would get us so upset. It was unbelievable how it pushed all of our buttons.

But I found myself singing it this year.



Summer seemed so short, but I was ready for school to begin again. I need and love the structure that school provides to our schedule.
Since all three boys started school on different days this year, I decided to wait until they had their first days back to post their back to school pictures.


Ashton is in Mr. Zimmerman's 5th grade class. So far he loves it! And I love that the school year has gotten off to a smooth start for him. No panic attacks, no uncontrollable crying (for me or him), and not even any "doe eyes" or the "don't leave me here look" when I drop him off. I guess he is growing up. It also helps that he was placed in a class with a few of his friends, unlike past years.



Dallin is in Mrs. Anderson's 1st grade class this year. He was nervous about starting 1st grade. He was especially nervous about eating in the lunchroom. But he memorized his lunch number quickly and conquered the first day with his "I'm so cool" attitude. He later confessed to me that he didn't know what he was worried about. He also told me that school lunch is cool "because they give you cookies." That's my boy.



Benjamin gets to have another fun filled year in Mrs. Stephanie's pre-school this year. He has one of those birthdays where he could've gone to Kindergarten this year, but after a lot of thought and discussion we decided that he just wasn't ready for that yet. He loves Mrs. Stephanie even though this is as close as I could get him to stand next to her for a picture.
Silly Mr. Ben.
And today he was true to the promises he made me last year. He promised me that when he was 5, before I left he wouldn't need me to hold him on his favorite couch anymore. And that when he was 5, he wouldn't have to watch me drive away while we waved to each other until I was out of site.


He was quite grown up. And today, I missed that little guy running down the sidewalk waving after me.

4 comments:

The Nixons said...

yay! I'm super excited for Averie to start up preschool again. I'll have to talk to you about that....Anyways your boys all look so grown up and cute! I hope that you get some nice breaks while they are all in school. It will be some great bonding time for you and Emma.

Rachel said...

So weird having just one at home. When they're all gone.....I think I'll go even more loonier.

Ty n Casey's Mom said...

Oh Natalie -- your story about Ben waving goodbye to you until you're out of site made me cry. Reminds me of my boys. And by the way, your boys are sooo handsome. I'm glad it was a smooth transition for the boys -- and you!

Chastina said...

That is great that your boys are enjoying school this year! They all look handsome in their "first day" pictures.