Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Sk8 Night


Friends- L to R Ryan, Wade, & Ashton

Really, I do know how to spell "skate", but I was informed this was "the COOL way" to write it. So to remain "hip" in the eyes of my followers, a.k.a. my children, I spelled it "the cool way". You know, just trying to keep up with the young whippersnappers.

Anyway.... last Friday evening our elementary held a Family Skate Night. All of the students and their families were invited to either rent rollerblades or ride scooters and have fun being together as a school community. And fun it was!

Dallin, Spencer, Wade, & Ashton


The kids had a great time riding their scooters with all of their friends. I had a great time chatting with all the other parents. And after Ben took a turn in the bubbles and was freezing in his wet clothes, Richard, had a great time getting to go home half way through. He was suffering from jet lag, so I was glad he wanted to come at all. What a good Daddy.

Midget Mania
I've always wanted to learn to rollerblade, but decided this was probably not the night. I didn't think my boys would appreciate their mother falling on her face, rear end, or other delicate body parts in front of their teachers, principal, or friends. Thus, making a fool out of myself and them. So I refrained from putting on the blades and settled for pushing Emma around on her early birthday gift, a new "Princess" scooter.

Bubble head
The biggest hit of the whole night was the bubble machine. The kids had talked about it all week. From what they had said, I had visions of this machine that generated a bubble big enough to encompass you. Instead, I found a blow-up reservoir like the kind you might fill with plastic balls, but instead of balls, there were bubbles. Tons and tons of bubbles! Like a giant bubble bath without the water.

Dallin swimming in the bubbles

All 3 boys had a turn in the bubbles and had a great time, except Ben.


He had fun alright, just too much. He got cold and must have swallowed too many bubbles since he started screaming to get out and go home. Once he was out and we were walking across the parking lot where everyone was skating, he started spitting.

Lovely. Just what everyone wants to skate through..... Ben's spit!


I told him to stop. He wouldn't. So I told him to spit into his shirt. At least, it would wash. I didn't think the reputation of being the lady with the gross, spitting, kid would come clean as easy.

I can't wait for next year! I'm thinking that I will rollerblade and embarrass him right back!

Thanks to Mr. Z for many of the great pics of Ashton and his friends. And to Chastina for the pic of me and Emma.

No comments: