Friday, January 8, 2010

My Little Strummer Boy

Last night Ashton performed in his first guitar recital. He started lessons this past summer and I feel like he did a fantastic job especially since we were in a mad rush to get there. Apparently, his brain-dead mother had it in her mind the recital started at 7:00, when it really started at 6:00. I realized this little fact at 5:51.

So despite the nerves and anxiety that his dad wouldn't make it in time, he pulled off both of his songs without much problem. Thankfully, Richard arrived just as Ashton's turn to play came up. Whew! We really lucked out on that one!

We are really proud of Ashton and all that he has learned so far. We also love to see the enjoyment he gets from playing Ol' Blue, thanks to a great teacher who works so well with our 10 year old boy.


Ashton and his teacher, Mari Farr, playing "Can Can".


Ashton and Mari, playing "Frosty the Snowman".

9 comments:

Chastina said...

Great job Ashton! He sounded really good.

Rachel said...

This is fabulous! My oldest wants to take lessons. I'll have to chat with you about that!

Jeanne said...

Tell Ashton : Marlin & I LOVED seeing and hearing you play 'Ole Blue!' YOU are doing GREAT! Keep up the practicing and it will become easier and even more fun! We love you!" Pop and G-ma

Teachinfourth said...

I wish I'd known...I'd love to have been there. And to think, he's never told me that he plays guitar; those Parke secrets...

CPost said...

He did so great,and sounded really good.

Richard & Natalie said...

Chastina, Thanks. I thought so too.

Rachel, It is fabulous; it has become one of my favorite sounds around the house. I can totally see B on a guitar! I really like Ashton's teacher and find she is reasonable charging $35/ month. If you want more info let me know.

Mom & Dad, I let Ashton read your comment... it got a big smile.

Mr. Z, I'm sorry... I didn't even think. You are definitely invited to his Spring/Summer recital. But I'll tell you, I think you made his day just by him knowing you saw it.
Secrets? Nah. Just surprises. We like to keep you guessin'.

Cassie, Thanks, I am really proud of him.

Unknown said...

YAY! Great work! Playing an instrument is hard work, so great job! (And it's hard to remember those little details like when things start, isn't it...:)

Richard & Natalie said...

Lori,
Thanks, he has worked hard. I love to hear the results.

Yes, those pesky little details, they get me every time! :)

Corine Moore said...

Doesn't it make you feel great to see your kids developing talents? Though they are all just learning, I still LOVE to hear my kids play music.