Saturday, January 30, 2010

Untitled- because everything I thought of was probably inappropriate.

Tonight Ashton and Richard had the opportunity to use some free tickets for a night out thanks to a generous friend, so since it is date night I wasn't about to be stood up,  I took the younger munchkins out for a little fun as well... That is if you count taking 3 children on a trip to Walkers for a soda & treat and to the video store for Sonic & Pokémon flicks fun.


Anyway, the video store is running a promotion that if you pre-order the second movie in the "Twilight" saga, "New Moon," they save you a copy and give you a supposed discount. Now, I know in Provo these books and subsequently the movies are a little controversial, but I enjoyed the books, so I've seen the first 2 movies. I could also write my own movie review on the difference in quality between the first and second movies, but I won't. Sufficed to say, "New Moon" is a good example of what a couple extra million and some muscles can do for a movie. That being said I pre-ordered my copy; I figured I have the first, I might as well have the whole collection by the time they are finished making millions churning out the movies.

So the clerk tells me that I only have to put down a $5 deposit, but if I do a $10 deposit I can get a free "New Moon" calendar. Then the clerk who is older than me, I might add, starts to drool over the calendar and how it is the best buy and if I am going to do $5 I might as well do $10 and get the calendar.

I just stared at her like "Are you kidding me?" I honestly thought and almost said, "What in the world would I do with such a calendar? If you haven't noticed, despite my ponytail and skin that has decided to go through puberty once again, I'm not a teeny-bopper with my 3 kids in tow, whose ultimate wish is to hang a calendar of a half naked 17 year old boy on my kitchen wall, even if I really appreciate his physically fit physique."

Then it occurred to me...but I know a few of those...

So I plunked down my $10 and walked out...calendar in hand.

If one of my neighbors, I mean friends, doesn't want it, I guess there is always eBay.

Unless, you can think of a good title for this post and then you will be declared the proud owner of a new calendar...

14 comments:

Corine Moore said...

I don't think you'll have any problem getting a taker for your calendar - but just for the fun of it, how about...

Too Hot, Not to Flaunt!

(NO, I DON'T want it!)

Although,...
He is rather....
Oh - nevermind.
(Just having a little fun. :)

Gerb said...

I'm writing this at the library where someone left their blogger account open. I have no idea who 'Gerb' is. It's really me - the chick from the video store!!

You shood call this post 'Give me Edward or give me DEATH!'

or maybe

'I love me some calendar boys!'

or

'In the TWILIGHT of my life' because you said all that stuff about being old.

Okay, do I win?

Please, oh please bring that poster back!

Chastina said...

I'm laughing to hard to think of a good title.

Rachel said...

I'm laughing at Corine and Gerb's comments. Oh my! I'm going to leave this one alone. So very much aloooooone. But I know a certain neighbor down the street with the intials K.VW who would love to "moon" over that calendar. ;)

Richard & Natalie said...

Corine, I'm not too worried about finding a taker. I know plenty who may WANT it, but will be too embarrassed to ask.
I like your title & yes, there is great 'scenery' in that movie isn't there? Of course, I'm talking about the scenes filmed along the coast...What were you thinking? ;)

Richard & Natalie said...

To the video store Clerk posing as Gerb, I will not bring back the calendar, as I see it, I have done you a favor. In the midst of what must be a midlife crisis, I have taken away your subject of lust and now you can focus on MEN your own age.
As for your titles, I like them all, but in your case, I was thinking more along the lines of "Peddling Pedophilia".

Chastina, I can hear you over the fence... JK.

Rachel, I knew you wouldn't touch this one with a 10 ft pole. Honestly, it is not what I sat down to write last night, but it came out as such. I must have been manic...Or possessed.
I will keep KVW in mind, if I don't have a taker from my neighbor or niece Jenna, a die hard Jacob fan.

Ty n Casey's Mom said...

You already have an awesome title Natalie. I saw the word "inappropriate" and I was all over this post faster than you can say "Team Jacob." You can divide the calendar up and all us Cougars on the block can fight over them. I have first dibs on any shots of Jacob sans shirt.

Unknown said...

Honestly, how can you not appreciate that, young or not? (And I don't want the calendar...I'd be far too distracted in my daily activities. But just so you know where I stand...)

Slurpalicious.

I May Be the Mother of a Tween But I'm Not Blind. Yet.

I Just Hang Him Here So My Daughter Can Look, I Swear.

IDrool.

Fine Art Connoisseur.

Richard & Natalie said...

Karen, I knew I could count on you! Okay, shirtless pics of Jacob...looks like you would be Mrs. April! (In the rest he has a shirt on.)

Lori, Believe me...I appreciate! I also appreciate the dedication and hard work that went into that fine piece of art.
So I think you win..."Fine Art Connisseur" it is! But in order to not distract you we will donate the calendar to a teeny bopper who can really enjoy it (with out twinges of guilt), of course without the month of April, which I will give to Karen!

Sorry this is gonna be a little long, but I know we don't outgrow those lusty feelings even if we are blind or even in capacitated. I've seen it 1st hand. I worked in an Alzhiemers (?SP) unit and we had a great time each morning scavengering for our patients; they were never where they were supposed to be. We found women in bed with men and vice versa. And for a unmarried, good mormon girl, I always got a giggle when making a male patient's bed and finding a bra and panties.

**Thank You Ladies for having a little fun with me on a post that was entirely unintended!**

Rachel said...

:D My brother in law works in rest homes and the stories he tells!!!! WooooEEEE! They may be old.......but......

Richard & Natalie said...

Rachel, you said it sista....WOOOOOEEEEEE!

K said...

Nat. Will you forgive me for saying - urk - I love you in SPITE of Twilight? I think of living with some 17 year old brooding, self centered jerk, and find that salt and pepper beards attached to people who do laundry and are always there for me - way, way more attractive. I guess I could make my own calendar, then, huh?

Unknown said...

Yay, ME! The brain still works (at least some of the time...) ;) Enjoy, Karen!

Richard & Natalie said...

K, I'm glad you love me inspite of my weaknesses. And though my hubby's body may not look like Jacob's, I would still choose him anyday, because like you, he loves me inspite of my weaknesses.

We could all make a calendar of our hubbies. I could throw a powdered wig on Richard and put a copy of the Constitution in his hand. According to Cjane all your hubby needs is some beads and bell bottoms. Raachel's SM can wear his scout uniform. Chastina's can wear a Red Sox Uniform. Karen's can wear a BYU sports uniform. Now Gerb's, Lori's and Corine's, I don't know much about them, but we could put Gerb's by a computer, Lori's in a hunting getup, and Corine's in some type of dance costume (or patterned after any other fine qualities they may have). Now THAT would be a calendar worth fighting over. :D