Thursday, January 21, 2010

Benism- Hot Mama



Last week as I pretended to be a hamster and run on my hamster wheel, also known as a treadmill, Emma and Ben entertained themselves and me by playing restaurant. They took my breathless orders for pies, cakes, and cookies and then proceeded to make them- out of play dough.

Yum.

When I finished my run I headed up to the living room where there is more floor space to cool down and stretch. Ben followed me and with my back to him he asked, “Mommy, when are you going to eat all the yummy treats you ordered?

Bending at the waist and reaching down toward my toes I replied, “When I’m done stretching. I need to do it while my muscles are still warm.”

Still bent at the waist with Ben behind me, I suddenly felt two little hands plant themselves smack dab on my gluteus maximus!

Those little hands then moved to my hamstrings, quadriceps, and finally, rested from their journey on my bicep.

Through my stunned fog, I heard Ben’s little voice confirm to me, “Yep, mom. You’re right. Your muscles are hot.”



Considering that he agrees that I do indeed still have muscles, I guess he is forgiven for groping his mother!

11 comments:

Huffstuff said...

That is a perfect mommy moment. And I have to say, ONLY BEN! I love it. From the mouths of our babes shall we live in laughter and joy!

Gerb said...

This is the perfect story to tell to his girlfriends when they come over. I would have jumped a mile high!

Rachel said...

LOL! Hilarious! Nothing like being groped by one of your own.

Corine Moore said...

LOL - I love this! What a great and hilarious thing to do! Thank you so much for ending my day with a laugh!!!

Chastina said...

Thanks for the laugh! Ben is so cute. I agree with Gerb that you should make sure to tell future girlfriends this story.

Jeanne said...

Never a dull moment with our Ben! That wasn't 'groping.' Just 'love pats.'/ Ben's Grandma Jeanne

PMC said...

LOL!!!! OH yes....THAT is funny!!!!

Unknown said...

How cute! Sigh. If only it had been his daddy, huh? ;)

Lyndee @ A Recovering Craft Hoarder said...

How funny! Hope you don't mind, Misty passed me your blog info.

Richard & Natalie said...

Sheece, Perfect mommy moment for sure. And yes, only Ben, only Ben.

Gerb, I should have a label marked blackmail, so they are easily accessable during the dating years.

Rachel, I guess at least it wasn't any of the neighbor kids.

Corine, I hope it gave you pleasant dreams.

Chastina, I plan on it. Ohhhh, do I plan on it! (Evil cackle)

Mom, Love pats? Ok. I guess I can buy that.

Misty, I thought so too. So much in fact, that I was laughing to hard to tell him it was inappropriate to grab people's rear ends. So exercisers beware around Ben.

Lori, LOL! Heck yes! We could probably stand a little more of that groping around here. TMI? Forgive me.

Lyndee, Welcome! Of course I don't mind. I should have given it to you myself earlier. Sorry. :)

The Nixons said...

Soooo funny! Nat, I just read all of your blogs that I havent been reading because I can never find the time and I loved all of them! You are seriously one of my very favorite people!