Saturday, February 20, 2010

For Laughs

I'm not sure what it is today, maybe it is the withdrawals of depriving myself of a caffeinated beverage for 6 days, the lack of sleep catching up with me, or trying to get 4 belligerent children to do Saturday jobs, but I am...

Bummed. Irritable. Weepy. Glum. Rundown. Testy. Ornery. Depressed. And just in the dumps, generally.

I'm puzzled because I woke up this way, which is really unlike me. I came home from Ashton's basketball game to tell Richard to watch out because for some reason I was on the war path today. But before I could open my mouth he informed me that he was having a similarly bad day and left to get some air and run errands. So I did the next best thing to talking to someone and set about cleaning. I figured having things in physical order might make me feel emotionally in order as well.

As I cleaned off the microwave I found this magazine that came in the mail a few weeks ago.


I immediately started to laugh.

I don't know if you have ever looked at or even ordered something from this catalog, but I find it terribly amusing.

Yes, I am easily entertained.

It is full of various items that some I can actually see a hint of value in; the rest is...well....junk- for lack of a better or kinder word. As I flipped through it weeks ago, I found one particular item that had me in stitches.

As it did for me again today.

So I thought I would share it with you.

Just for much needed laughs.


Can you imagine turning over in bed to give your spouse a goodnight kiss and finding plastic pig nostrils?


(he, he) Yeah, neither can I.

8 comments:

Chastina said...

Thanks for the laugh! Now the nasal strips look more cool than they use to.

Rachel said...

LOL! That's almost as good as the ads that look like the man is wearing a jock strap over his face for the same purpose!

I'm sorry you had such a stinky day. You sure made mine better! :D

CPost said...

That is so funny, I have to say those do not look like they would be very comfy shoved up the nose.
Sorry you were having a crummy day, I would blame it on the weather, I always am grumpy when I see snow..

Gerb said...

And for ONLY $18.50 (plus shipping and handling) you can own not one, but TWO pair!

They both look so happy there, sleeping in that peace and quiet that only comes from shoving two pieces of plastic up your nose.

HILARIOUS!

Richard & Natalie said...

Chastina, Did you notice that the nasal strips can get real ive people to model their produt and here they have to have a drawing? Yep- nasal strips are definitely looking cooler and cooler.

Rachel, Bringing you that little treat was the highlight of my day...I'm sure I didn't make Brian's or the kid's day, but I'm glad I made yours- despite the wind.

Cassie, I'm sure they aren't. The snow was actually welcome that day. Those big beautiful flakes gave me an excuse not to run, so I went to the Library and got me a new read instead. The perfect thing to do on a snowy day.

Gerb, What a steal, eh?! Although, I think I could get the same effect with a slurpee straw that is free AND I get to enjoy a cup full of frozen sugary-syrup goodness too.

Richard & Natalie said...

Okay, Another example of WHY I should proof read! I am sorry. My keyboard is having issues since Ashton decided to eat something really crumby over my keyboard and now not all of my keys like to depress like they should without an insane amount of pressure.

Chastina, I really meant- live & product.

Here's to kicking the tweens off my computer for crumb dumpage.

Lyndee @ A Recovering Craft Hoarder said...

These are wicked AWESOME!!!

A GAL NEEDS... said...

That's such a funny picture of you being in such a horrible state of mind, picking up that gem of a magazine and just busting up. It certainly took me aback, seeing those things stuck up their nostrils as I scrolled down the page! LOL