Saturday, October 2, 2010

Dallin Said...

First day of school 2010

"Smell me....if you DARE!"


"Guess what, Mom? I AM the new Tom Sawyer." (I am still wondering what exactly that means?)


"I can have Cookies & Cream AND Vanilla ice cream 'cause I have flat abs.


Said while putting on a robe "Rich people wear these, so I'm rich.... Now where is my allowance?


"There's a policeman! Everyone act nostril!!!"


Dallin- Is that the cheese from Maceys?
Me- Yes.
Dallin- I don't want it. It's Californian. I like Wisconsin. (What 7 yr old cares that much about his cheese?)


Some friends from Canada came to visit us before school started. While hiking to Timpanogos my friend was getting Ben excited about starting Kindergarten by asking his brothers what good things they remembered about Kindergarten. Dallin who is now only in 2nd grade replied somewhat reminiscent, "I remember Kindergarten like it was 2 years ago." 

9 comments:

Tami Anderson said...

Oh how I love that little guy. He was always quiet but knew that whenever he DID open his mouth it would be something hysterical...so, I waited patiently.

It doesn't happen much anymore but, I long for the days when he or Kaysen unexpectedly pop into my classroom unawares thinking they're in their second grade classroom! I love it.

Rachel said...

He is so funny! "The new Tom Sawyer........." Better watch out! He'll have you doing his jobs and paying him to boot! :D

"Act nostril"! That one I can actually relate to!!

The Nixons said...

what a funny kid! And such a little stud!

Lyndee @ A Recovering Craft Hoarder said...

You are so smart to record what he says. It's amazing the awesome lines some kids can come up with.

mistyc0x said...

oh so funny! love reading these!

Anonymous said...

And so he thinks that he's funny…

Okay, he is.

K said...

It's wonderful. I only got to record these things in the kids' journals. I think I'm going to transcribe all those journals and make a book out of them some day. If only I'd had a blog then . . .

Unknown said...

I love boys. They're so funny.

Chastina said...

LOL! He is so funny! I've got to remember to write down the funny things my kids say.