Sunday, February 15, 2009

The Difference Between Boys & Girls

Helping my kids getting ready for their Valentines Day parties this year had me reminiscing about Valentines Day when I was a kid.
As a young girl, addressing my valentines took about 2 hrs. I had to find the perfect valentine for each of my friends, not to mention my latest crush. The saying had to be perfect, the meaning genuine. And then of course, there were the conversation hearts. I had to find the right ones for every person. I couldn't risk the boy I detested getting a "CUTIE" or "LUV U" those were reserved for my crush at the time. I simply loved Valentines Day!! It was the day when secret crushes were outed, dreams came true, or hearts were broken. It was everything a young girl lives for!

So I was a little disheartened when I sat Dallin and Ashton down to address their valentines and they were done in 20 minutes! I couldn't believe how they just plowed through it! They didn't read them, just scribbled their name and threw it in the pile. They even left it to me to put the conversation suckers on their valentines. They couldn't have cared less. Although, I did notice Ashton taking a bit more care with one particular valentine. Noting the change, I had to take a look to see who it was for. It was addressed to Mrs. Meyer, his teacher. Just how it should be when you're a 10 year old boy.

My four little Sweethearts (my big one is not pictured) at our candlelight Valentine's day dinner complete with sparkling cider and their valentines from Richard and me- mylar balloons.

3 comments:

Chastina said...

What a great pic! It sounds like you had a great Valentine's Day.

I remember being the same as you when addressing Valentine's. It was such a pain staking process.

Huffstuff said...

Natalie, I think that is more YOU than girls, or maybe Aubrie just did not care to much. She had her's done in about 30 min. (she is only in first grade though, maybe things will change as she gets older) I love it!

Rachel said...

Isn't that the truth! I think that is cute though that Ashton was being so thoughtful with his teacher.

Fun Valentine's table setting.