Tuesday, February 24, 2009

The Power of Preschool

Last night I was awakened a little after 3 am to whispering. Benjamin had come in wanting me, and since I didn't wake up right away, Richard was trying to take care of him. Ben kept saying he just needed to whisper in my ear. So he whispered in my ear and since Ben is really hard to understand sometimes, especially at 3 in the morning when you are woke from a dead sleep, I needed a translator. Luckily, Richard knew what he was saying and told me," He wants to know if he has stinky breath." My first thought was "Why am I smelling breath at 3 in the morning?" then it changed to "Why does a 4 year old care about his breath especially at 3 am?" I told him I couldn't smell his breath so it wasn't stinky and he went back to bed.

I sat there laughing and asked Richard what that was all about. He said that earlier Ben had told him something about his Preschool teacher and brushing his tongue so he wouldn't have stinky breath. They have been studying oral health this week and evidently he had some anxiety about his breath or wanted to know if he did a good job brushing his tongue. Why we couldn't do this during normal waking hours is beyond me.


I think it is funny what will catch a kids attention. Ben may not know all his letters, but he'll have the best smelling breath in school. Silly boy.


So add that to the list of mommy duties at night- drinks, nightmares, occasional wet bed change, & breath smelling!
My silly Mr. Ben

6 comments:

The Nixons said...

lol how funny! Averie has been talking about her teeth, germs and smelly breath for a week now and it cracks me up!

Rachel said...

Your Ben is a riot. He truly is one of a kind. I love it. I'll take that kind of spunk, spit, and vinegar any day.

What wonderful parents you are. I'm afraid if any of our kids would have done that both Brian and I would have told the poor child that his breath would be the least of his worries if he came and woke us up again. :D

Rachel said...

Thanks for being such a good example to me!!!

Huffstuff said...

I love it! Those sweet moments like this usually happen at the oddest times, esp 3 a.m.

Hope you got a nap??? Maybe not!

Chastina said...

How funny! That reminds me of my kids. I love Ben's personality!

Linda said...

What cute boy's, I'm so glad Ben does not have stinky breath. Tell Ashton were happy for his scouting accomplishments, no one at my house did that! ha ha