Friday, September 18, 2009

Benisms


If you know me you probably know my son, Ben. And if you know me and know Ben, then you know the source of frustration he can be for me. I sometimes feel as if he were solely sent here to be my tester of patience and pusher of buttons. But along with the frustration he is also very funny and sweet. He has quite a big personality for his little body and keeps our family smiling between his antics and comments. Because of this, I credit him with my premature aging. Thirty-two year olds should not have grey hairs or this deep of laugh lines.

I realized I have not been recording his little quips like I should. And my feeble mind is not good at retaining everything like it once was. "Momnesia" is settling in on me more and more everyday. And with it, these little experiences are getting lost along the way. So I have decided to record them here under the title "Benisms".
If you are my friend on Facebook, some of these may be repeats for you. I'm sorry. I just need to have them somewhere more permanent.

I hope you enjoy Ben, as much as we do.

We were cleaning up the church after a Primary Quarterly Activity and found a garage door opener sitting on a table waiting to be put away.
I picked it up and asked, "I wonder who this belongs to?"
Ben looked at me with 'DUH' written all over his face and said, "Well it's probably Jesus' since THIS is HIS house."
I smiled and suppressed a giggle. "Yes, maybe it could be."
Just then the kids who the door opener belonged to came back to retrieve it.
Ben's theory was gone.

I still wish I would've asked him what kind of car Jesus drove.

4 comments:

Rachel said...

Oh that is great! How FUNNY! I'd have been rolling on the floor with that one. Duh mom!

Huffstuff said...

love it. Needed a Benism moment here. I love that kid. I need to make a poster of the picture of him at the race and put it up where I see it everyday. you can't be in a bad mood looking at that face. love Ben!

Guest said...

Perhaps a Dodge Spirit?

PMC said...

fabulous! i need to start one with adam....this is a very good idea! i will be waiting for the next 'benism' with anticipation!!! :) cute!