Monday, September 28, 2009

Turtle Cookies and a Winner


When I was a little girl, my mom would make my brothers and me these special cookies. We called them turtle cookies. They are almost brownie like and since they are cooked on the waffle iron they get that great criss-cross pattern similar to a pattern you might find on the shell of a turtle. I loved them as a child and enjoy making them now for my own children. I think that they are very yummy, fun, and easy to make. That’s why I am providing you with the recipe at the end of this post, so you can try them and see for yourselves. If you do, let me know what you think.

There is also another reason for posting about turtle cookies. I promised the reader who submitted the best caption for the picture of Ben and his running medal, a plate of these delicious chocolate delights! So the unbiased judges have spoken and I took Diana her plate of yummy chocolate turtles. Here is the picture again with the winning caption. Also a big thanks to all of you for playing along!

"All that running, and this is all I got?"


Waffle Turtle Cookies
1/2 C melted butter/margarine
3/4 C Sugar
3 1/2 TBS. Cocoa
2 eggs, beaten
1 Cup Flour
1 tsp. Vanilla
Mix together in the above order. Pour or spoon a small amount of batter shaped like turtles onto heated waffle iron. Don't get them too close. Cook about 1 minute +/- depending on your individual waffle maker. Frost with store bought chocolate frosting (or your favorite recipe) while warm as you continue to cook the others, if you want. Just keep a close eye on the ones cooking.

No comments: