Tuesday, June 29, 2010

My New BFF

I am here to tell you that the best things in life are indeed, FREE.

Like my new BFF.

(Yes, this post is about laundry.  Hurry! There's still time to close the window and save your self !)

My Facebook friend, Lara, introduced us. I guess, that my BFF's other half wasn't contributing to the friendship like she should and Lara decided it was time their friendship was over. Seeing that my BFF was still a good and willing friend and hearing that I was in need of just such a friend, Lara hooked us up for FREE. How nice is that? Especially since I cannot tell you how well we get along.

She has all the qualities I could ever ask to have in a friend like her. First, she is efficient. She dried a full load of towels last night in 40 minutes instead of the double that time it would have taken my old dryer. She is also quiet and soft spoken, not loud and boisterous, with "its all about me" volume like my old one. While the towels dried, the kids watched TV in the next room without having to turn it up to ear piercing decibels in order to hear over her while she worked. It was like she wasn't even there. And finally, she is fast; faster than I can fold or put away. She beats me every time. I don't mind; I am more than happy to let her win. I'm just nice like that you see.

It's a beautiful thing really, our relationship that is, there is lots of give and take. I give and give and she just keeps taking.

So, yes, I'm a little excited about my 'new to me' dryer and just when I thought there could be anything  exciting about doing laundry.

9 comments:

K said...

Oh Nat - how funny. My daughter Char would have killed for that dryer. She bought the more watery twin sister from Sears on sale and couldn't afford the drier of the two. I finally made friends with a couple of those just about two years ago, and never looked back. So I congratulate you, and apologize for missing this afternoon. I don't usually sleep the afternoon away, but I didn't have much choice today, dang it.

Lyndee @ A Recovering Craft Hoarder said...

Ohhhh....your BFF is beautiful. I might just stare at her all night. You deserved it....but I will miss the pictures of the old one.

The Nixons said...

YAY Nat!!! she is beautiful!!! I'm so happy for you!!!

Chastina said...

Another thing your new BFF is good for: entertainment. The kids can watch the spinning without you worrying about the laundry falling out.

Congrats on the new BFF!

Rachel said...

I have the matching washer!! We should get the pair together. ;)

Teachinfourth said...

We all need good friends…glad you found a new one to add to the collection.

Richard & Natalie said...

K, We did miss you the other day, but I am really glad you kept your plague to yourself.

Lyndee, The old one was entertaining wasn't it? Myabe I will have to hook it up once in a while just for kicks...

Jules, She is beautiful, just like my other friend that lets me borrow purses. ;)

Chastina, You're right! With the window we can be entertained and not worry about Ben trying to jump in for a ride. Wow, she keeps getting better and better.

Rachel, That is funny, because of how much I love the dryer I am wondering what I am missing out on with the washer. The things we think about...

TF, She is the a perfect friendly addition. Never has my laundry been complete in one day...until now & I even washed linens! No wonder I have always hated doing laundry.

Crabtree Family said...

I don't know how I feel being replaced by a dryer!!!

Richard & Natalie said...

Wiennie, You could never really be replaced. Absolutely never.