Wednesday, June 9, 2010

This Interruption Was Brought to You By....

This 2+ week interruption Of a View from the Parke Bench was brought to you courtesy of the last week of school and the first week of summer vacation.

Events worthy of being too busy to post included;

-Benjamin's Pre-School graduation. He was beyond ready to move on from pre-school and is excited to start kindergarten in the fall. I, his mother, am really excited too. I think his pre-school teacher was ecstatic.



Dallin's acting debut in his class play/musical titled the "Three Piggy Opera". He played the part of one of the very nervous and shy straw peddlers.

As you can see he was a complete natural.



-Ashton's class award presentation where he received an award for making it into the "Foot Hall of Fame". To make it into the "Foot Hall of Fame," one must read as many books that are at least 120 pages as your foot is tall. And for a 5th grader whose feet are bigger than his mothers that is quite a feat. No pun intended.


The first week of summer;

-Memorial Day found us up north visiting with family, barbecuing, and sitting around the campfire. We made S'mores and a mess with these gigantic marshmallows that were about 4 times the size of a normal one.
They were awesome. Can you tell?



-Pedicures in the backyard. I did Emma's and she did mine. She gives a new definition to 'Glitter Toes'.


-A new chore system. Like anything new this is taking some getting used to and called for the resurrection of the "Nazi Mom".
(Sorry, no pictures are available because she ain't pretty.)

-Lessons in getting dressed by ourselves. These lesson include, but are not exclusive to the correct appendages in which underwear are applied.

(Note- If you are ever in need of a straight jacket try inserting the offending child's arms into the underwear and wrapping them around the shoulders. It works pretty well. I am considering this trick for all 4 children on our upcoming vacation.)

-Simply enjoying summer with my friends. Four of the best you'll ever meet.



Thank you for your patience. Regular posting, which is usually irregular at its best, will now resume into your regular blog reading which obviously, is already in progress. 




*Sorry about all the camera phone pictures, but I figured bad pictures were better than no pictures at all.

My camera is having issues with its shutter and is currently awaiting surgery at the camera hospital. No need to fret, if by some unfortunate circumstance he does not return, a replacement is already on its way.  

12 comments:

Teachinfourth said...

Quite the summer frivolity. I have to admit that the 'underwear straightjacket' made me chuckle.

Lyndee @ A Recovering Craft Hoarder said...

Love it all. But most of all, the marshmellows. Just makes me want to go out and get some...right this very minute. Okay, I can wait.

PMC said...

nice. good to know things are proceeding normally at your house! ;) smores with extra marshmallow please! dee-lect-able!

Corine Moore said...

As for your blogging irregularity... it's as regularly irregular as mine is. ;) No particular pattern... it just happens when it fits in smoothly with life.

As far as life goes... looks like you have had a ton of great memory building; good for you! I'm trying to decide if I should squeeze in time to write about my busy life lately. :O

K said...

Not sure that discussions of regularity ought to be going on in the presence of these cherubic, if sticky children.

The Nixons said...

Love this post! and I especially love that you let Emma paint your toe nails :)

Richard & Natalie said...

TF, When he came to me for help getting out of it all I could do was laugh. But boy did I get it when I took a picture of him. It was soooo worth it.

Lyndee, I am going to look for them at stores around here. I thought they would be fantastic for our Cub Scout family picnic.

Misty, These marshmallows were extra, extra delectable, but nothing like cupcakes or Krispy Kremes. ;)

Corine, Life is a balancing act isn't it? And a lopsided one at that. I hope you get time to record everything that is important to you- that is what blogging is all about, right?.

K, HA! You're right all this talk of regularity and irregularity is starting to sound like a BM report. I will make sure to protect the cherubs from any further irregularity that may ensue.

Richard & Natalie said...

Julie, I think she may give Carrilyne a run for her money at Girls Night... ;)

Lyndee @ A Recovering Craft Hoarder said...

I forgot to tell you how much I love your header! I need to spruce up my blog. One step at a time.

Rachel said...

So what you are trying to show/tell us is life is proceeding in a normal "fashion"! (The underwear is a hoot and the look on Ben's face.....too funny). I'll have to see if that works on The SM. :D

Chastina said...

I love Ben's "straight jacket"! How funny. Glad to hear you have survived the end of school and beginning of summer.

Unknown said...

All I have to say is "oh, my."

That's it.

Oh, my.

:)