Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Benism: The Wasp

Today Ben found a wasp trying to make its way into our house. He couldn't have that nasty thing getting in where it might sting us, so he took it upon himself to annihilate it- with a squirt gun. What else?

I worried he would end up just really ticking it off and instead of worrying about getting stung in the house he would need to start worrying about getting stung in the yard. But come to find out, Ben is a pretty good shot. He had that wasp on the ground in no time where I swiftly stepped on it. (Is it just me or are there a lot of posts about dead animals lately?)

Anyways, I forgot all about the wasp until tonight at bedtime when Ben mentioned that he needed to tell me something. As he led me into another room away from eavesdropping siblings, I wondered what horrible thing he was going to confess to doing now. I was surprisingly somewhat relieved when I knelt down to look into his eyes and he confessed in a whisper,

"You remember that wasp we killed today? I 'accidently' touched it with my mouth."

???
CPR perhaps?
Maybe he felt bad and tried to kiss it better?
Don't ask... because I didn't either. It has been one of those days and I didn't think I could handle the real answer.
But apparently, it is definitely something that needs confessing to your mom. 

7 comments:

Lyndee @ A Recovering Craft Hoarder said...

Lol! You know--not being his mom, I want to know. That Ben puts me in hysterics (in a jovial way).

PMC said...

awwww...ben! :) love it!

Chastina said...

What a silly young man! That reminds me of the "Baby Bubblebee" song.

Rachel said...

The kiss of death.....

Unknown said...

Hilarious! I love that kid. We keep getting these huge bell hornets in our playroom...they seem to mysteriously die fairly quickly with no real intervention (our pest control, perhaps?) but they're huge and freaky. I think maybe they have a nest in the fireplace or something.

I'm glad Ben wasn't stung when he tried to revive the wasp.

Teachinfourth said...

Ugh!

No words come to me…

But did laugh.

Richard & Natalie said...

Lyndee, Being his mom, I want to know. I wish I would have been in the frame of mind to get to the bottom of this whole "accident". Maybe I still can.

Misty, You have to don't you? Even when they are really bizarre.

Chastina, I thought about that song too. Maybe we should re-write it in Ben's honor.


Rachel, Your guess is as good as mine.

Lori, I am glad your wicked wasps die quickly. From the sounds of them, they might freak me out a little. I am also glad Ben didn't get stung. I warned him about that in any future bee kissing ventures.

TF, I was speechless too. But had to laugh as well.