Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Kid-isms

I haven't posted a Ben-ism for a while because....I've been accused.
Of being partial.
By my mother.

I tried to explain that I can't help it if Ben is the main child home during the day that speaks in full sentences and does and says the silliest things, but it just doesn't stick in my mother's brain. I need to spread the love around, my mother says. So I have conceded to my mother to include some posts about some things my other 3 kids say.
And the truth... is they do say some funny stuff too.
Thanks mother.


*Emma and I went shopping one day. Our first stop was the Distribution Center to pick up my new scriptures.
As we walked toward the store Emma asked, "What we buy this store?"
"We are getting mommy new scriptures." 
"Get me scriptures too?"
"No. We'll buy you some when you turn 8 and get baptized."
(Really excited) "When I get my Holy Ghost?"

*Emma has taken after me and loves black "lick-lish". Only I call it "licorice".

*Dallin asked me what year it was in Canada.

*One morning as we hurried to get out of the door to school, Ashton asked Dallin, "Do you have lipstick on?" Dallin being embarrassed, hurried to wipe at his mouth as he emphatically declared, "NO!"  I explained to both boys that his lips were just stained from the Popsicle he had for a bedtime snack the night before. Ashton seeming somewhat relieved replied, " 'Cause dude, that's just not your color."  

*A few weeks ago we opened Ashton an e-mail account. The day after when he came home from school and I asked my usual "How was school?" question I was met with this very unusual and unexpected response as he ran upstairs- "I'll e-mail you." 

6 comments:

Lyndee @ A Recovering Craft Hoarder said...

The lipstick, "Cause that's just not your color" was my favorite. Todd's been begging for an email account. Love, "I'll email you." Hahaha! Kids are hilarious!

Chastina said...

LOL! Love it! Thanks for sharing the kid-isms.

PMC said...

how cute. your mama was RIGHT!!!! aren't mamas always right???

:)

Richard & Natalie said...

Lyndee, The lipstick one had me rolling. The e-mail one I was like "Did he really just say that?"

Chastina, You are welcome.

Misty, Mother always knows best. Or so I hear...

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness, your kids are just natural comedians! Love this. I, too, loved the lipstick comment. The whole Dallin-thing with the Canadian year is pretty funny, too, though.

I feel like I'm being partial, sometimes, too, in my posting about Autumn and Lawson. Lawson is a ham, and often says funny things without meaning to. He's also a lot more given to having meaningful conversations with me in the car (like the one I just posted about)...he just lends himself to a blog. Autumn is at that terrible tween stage where she's always right and I (eye-roll) am always wrong and uncool. It's a constant struggle between us...what with the age, the ADD, and life in general, it seems at times like there's a lot of negative. I don't want to dwell on that, so I wait for the positive. There's no waiting with Lawson. It's tough, though.

Rachel said...

Keep em coming Nat! For once your mom is right. ;) These are great. The lipstick one is a hoot. So is the e-mailing.

Actually, I've had a lot of fun "chatting" with Brennan on FB. I think we talk more now because of FB than before, so it isn't a bad thing. If you can't beat em, join em, right?