Sunday, May 16, 2010

Not Meant to Be

(Jason before his watery burial)

The morning after this post we found Jason, the goldfish, floating lifelessly in the fish tank.
Two down, one to go.
And "going" didn't take long.
We buried the third and last goldfish, Cocoa, under the raspberries this morning.
Three goldfish dead in the space of a week under our care.

Does it make you a little worried about my children?
Don't be.

I promise that we fed them enough, changed the water using the water conditioner, and made sure the water temperature was right. We did everything we were supposed to do.
It was just not meant to be.
Hallelujah!!!!
And you know what?  Nobody seems to feel that bad.
Especially me.

(Oh, and I think we will change "Nice Crab's" name to Houdini, since it seems he has just disappeared... out of the fish tank... that has a lid on it. Gone. Just like that into thin air.)

6 comments:

Jeanne said...

Was "Cute Crab" Emma's "Nice Crab" or whose was he/she/it? It cannot live out of water can it? That is all you need a cute crab to walk on in your carpet!
I am glad none of the children were traumatized by those 3 deaths. Maybe let them grow a cherry tomato or something instead!

PMC said...

good bye jason. ;)

Lyndee @ A Recovering Craft Hoarder said...

You are so strong. Hope you find the final fish soon. I've heard of some unusual places my friends have found their fish. Ummmm.....good luck.

Richard & Natalie said...

Mom, Still haven't found the crab. I'm hoping Jason ate him before he died.

Misty, And good riddance. ;)

Lyndee, Yeah, the luck part will be that they won't want anymore.

Rob and Marseille said...

I would be worried if a crab was MIA in my house!

Richard & Natalie said...

Marseille, Don't worry too much. I really think that Tiger, our cat, was an accomplice in that disappearing act...