Friday, October 9, 2009

Shoot me now

So I did it.

Now my heart is pounding, my mouth feels dry, and I feel like I might vomit.

I've been thinking about this since May and talking about it since August, and now that I've done it, I am wondering what I've done!

I just registered for my 1st half marathon.

Just writing it my stomach lurched.

It isn't until May in Ogden, so I have 7 months to add 6 miles onto my run. Easy, right? Except, that about 5 of those months are cold, some are snowy, and I move about as well as molasses in the cold. 

At least, I will be in good company.  My brother Dan and his wife Shaleece, will be running it; along with newcomer, Nathan, another brother of mine. I would love it if you would join us!

I'm not talking about setting any goals yet.  I'm just going to get through the winter and see how it goes. 

Okay maybe just one goal...get through the day without losing my lunch.

8 comments:

The Nixons said...

Natalie! That is sooo exciting. You will be AWESOME!

Rachel said...

Natalie!!!! That is way awesome! Kudos to you girl. Piece of cake.....you got it made....what's six more miles. I am so stinkin' proud of you!!

I am now going to go and flush my head down the toilet to wash out my envy!

Guest said...

Nothing ventured nothing gained, right?

Congrats to you!

Parke Family said...

I have enjoyed your latest posts so much. It is fun to read about your adventures. We miss your family so much. You'll do great in your race.

PMC said...

Natalie! You will do it girl!!!!!

Richard & Natalie said...

Friends- Thanks for your faith in me and encouragement. Keep it up! I will need it through these next few months. I love to run and I know I can do it... I've just got to keep the self doubt out of my head. Don't worry, I adequately punished my self for it the other day, since the panic attack turned into a migraine. ;o)

Gerb said...

I have committed to running my first 5K in 20 years this March and I'm a bit nervous. But a half marathon? You're amazing! What an inspiration.

Richard & Natalie said...

Gerb- I think that it is FANTASTIC you are going to do a 5K in March after 20 years- You are a woman. I think you'll find it's like riding a bike and come back to you pretty easy. March will mark a year since I started running and it was for the goal of running one 5K. Now four 5K's and a 10K later I'm going to attempt a half. What can I say? I'm addicted.