Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Speechless

I'm not sure if viewing this counts for 'Turn off the TV and Get a Life Week' or not, but so I can in good conscience say I did the challenge in all honesty, I have not watched it. Your comments will have to tell me how it turned out. Regardless, just know that the real thing was amazing. It left me speechless and teary eyed.

Thank you Veterans for bravely and unselfishly preserving the freedom of the land that I love.

5th graders performing "God Bless the U.S.A" in ASL.




5 comments:

Chastina said...

Great performance. If I didn't feel like yelling at my kids I would have been teary eyed. Thanks, this post helped me "chill out".

Corine Moore said...

Sweet! What a great song. Definitely worth watching (and I don't think that should count as watching tv)...

I love to see kids being patriotic! THANKS FOR SHARING. :)

Gerb said...

It was a moving assembly, wasn't it? It's nice to be reminded of our freedoms and blessings - and those who made them possible.

Guest said...

It is far too easy to take things for granted. Subtle reminders are always a good thing.

Richard & Natalie said...

Chastina- Glad I could help. I like to help...remember that.

Corine- I'm just playing on the safe side of things. I would hate to give up my own personal box of Lucky Charms. I love seeing them being patriotic also.

Gerb- It was a great assembly and inpart because of you. Thanks for letting Ashton be part of the 'special' group it meant a lot to him, and me.

Guest- How right you are. Subtleness can be very powerful.