Tuesday, November 10, 2009

We think we can. We think we can.

Did you know that this week is "Turn Off the TV and Get a Life Week"? Well it is. And if you haven't already, I invite you to join in...all the 'cool kids' are doing it.



Ashton took the challenge from his teacher and is working toward a party consisting of pajama wearing, cereal eating, and cartoon watching fun.  Knowing this challenge would be no easy task for Ashton, my Nintendo DS addict, Richard, Dallin, and I decided to join the challenge for moral support. It started yesterday and so far it has been pretty easy.

My biggest worry was bedtime. We are bad parents who let their kids watch a show or two while they are nodding off to dreamland, but after FHE last night that was a non issue.

Ashton chose to have a dance competition for our FHE activity. I really hope there are no hidden cameras in my house; although, I would have loved recording Dallin's break dancing (he's actually pretty good), Emma's twirling until she was dizzy, Ashton dancing ballroom style with his little sister, and Ben just trying to get his little body to move with the rhythm. It was hilarious and the type of moment a mother wants to freeze in time. And it wore them out. Completely. Halleluiah!

Oh... are you wondering who won our little competition?

That's right, with a little booty shaking, hip swinging, and the clincher... 'the centipede', I showed them all up!

Whoever said you wouldn't need the stuff you learn in jr. high?!?

8 comments:

Huffstuff said...

I love it. We had this week in Tucson and it was tough but doable and we did it. I'd suggest it to them now, but with Dan off work this week, I just don't think it is going to happen.

Denae said...

What a HOOT! That sounds like it was all sorts of fun.

We too are taking the challenge, it has been exactly that.. a challenge.

Gerb said...

Wow... the centipede, huh? I haven't seen that one in a LONG time. All-a-Boy and myself are taking on the challenge over here, but no one else. They enjoy watching movies a bit too much... and they are a great crutch for me with the younger ones (although I hate to admit it)!

Rachel said...

Natalie again.....you crack me up! Go mom and the centipede!

Matthew has told me about 30 times that Ashton is doing it! He's actually going to do it mom! :D

Chastina said...

That is great that you are doing so well on the challenge!

Richard & Natalie said...

Sheece- Enjoy that big bro. of mine being home. Maybe you could just outlaw watching sports.... HA HA funny I know!

Denae- It was.
Challenges make us grow, sometimes in wierd ways, but grow none the less.

Gerb- Yep, the centipede. I had to beat the moonwalk, so I pulled it out of the recesses of my memory. Please, don't ask me to ever recreate it.
I'm glad someone else (esp. you) has crutches like those too.

Rachel- It was pretty sweet. LOL. I like to keep 'em guessin.
Ashton was excited about Matthew too, especially that he could come to the party.

Chastina- It is. Day 3 is over and still no probs. I'm lovin it.

Guest said...

I'll have to look up 'the centipede' as I am not sure what that is...probably pretty impressive though from the comments about it.

Richard & Natalie said...

Guest- Think of rolliing your body in a wave starting at your chest and working down to your feet while moving your self backward on the floor. Sound familiar?
I would demonstrate, but then you might want to gouge out your eyes and that would be a shame.